Dermal Fillers are substances applied by injecting them under the skin for purposes such as smoothing lines on the skin, restoring lost volume, correcting saggy areas, reducing wrinkles and improving facial lines. These gel-like substances help the skin look young.
It is applied to remove light-to-medium wrinkles and deep lines that occur on the face. It softens the face and restores it to its previous volume. Different types of fillers are used during the process. The most common of these are fillers that contain hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that has a persistence of 6 to12 months. On the other hand, Hyaluronic Acid is already naturally present in the skin. It allows the skin to gain fullness and moisture.
If you want your face to have a younger appearance and regain its former volume, try Dermal Fillers at Dr. Bülen Demir Plastic Surgery in Antalya
Types of Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers used during Cosmetic Applications are divided into different categories. These different types of dermal fillers have different ingredients; and, each is used for different purposes. They are briefly as follows:
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
The component of Hyaluronic Acid is also produced by the body. It is one of the sugar derivatives. It is responsible for the water-holding capacity of the skin and the presence of connective tissues. It is especially found in the tissues surrounding the eye and soft connective tissues. It is also found in some joint fluids and cartilage tissues. As a result of hyaluronic acid deficiency, loss of elasticity, sagging and wrinkles appear on the skin. Hyaluronic Acid Filler provides a solution in cases, where this component produced by the body itself decreases due to ageing. It is applied by injecting it under the skin from the outside. Hyaluronic acid is derived from human-derived placentas (umbilical cords), tendons, skins, cockscombs.
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers can be applied to different areas of the face. It supports the production of collagen, which plays a role in the tightening of tissues located in the lower part of the skin. Thus, the application of these fillings restores lost vitality, moisture and tension to the skin. It can be used safely in various parts of the body, especially in the mouth, cheeks, around the eyes, inside the lips and around the jawline.
Calcium Hydroxyapatite Fillers
Calcium Hydroxyapatite compound, which is naturally involved in bone structure, is produced by biosynthetic means. Because of this, it is unlikely that it shall cause allergic reactions. These fillers are preferred for plumping the cheek line and surrounding area. It is used to improve wrinkles that form around the eyebrows and are located in the area that extends from both sides of the nose to the lip, to improve deformations in the volume of the face.
This component is used for scars, nasolabial wrinkles and skin deformations. It is involved in lip thickening processes. These Fillers are applied to reduce sagging in the jawline and cheekbone area, to give the face an aesthetic and tense volume, to compensate for the loss of volume that occurs on the face.
Polylactic Acid Fillers
This synthetic dermal filler component is compatible with the human body. It’s not a toxic substance. It has been used in the Medical Sector as a Surgical Stitch Material for many years. It is common for these Fillers to be used for purposes such as removing lip circumference lines and goosefoot (Chenopodium Antelmintiiicum) cases, providing a fuller appearance for thin lips, and reducing nasolabial effects. It shows its effect gradually. It requires 3-4 months of treatment. Sessions must be renewed at regular intervals. Because of the repeated treatment process, these fillers are defined as “semi-permanent”.
This Filler is also defined as semi-permanent. It is effective for moderate and deep wrinkles. This substance is also used for the treatment of scars that form in the face area and cause the formation of pits on the skin, and for the plumping of the lips. It is also used during Surgical İmplant Applications.
Application Areas Of Dermal Fillers
- Scars causing the formation of collapsed areas on the skin
- Loss of volume and wrinkles on the skin of the hands
- Filling of collapsed areas formed under the eyes and on the cheeks
- Cheek Plumping in the Cheekbone Area
- Eyebrow Lift Operations by using Fillers
- Volume Losses in the Temporal Area
- Smoothing and Removing Wrinkles and Deep Lines formed on the Face
- Lifting the Tip of the Nose Up
- Making Jaw Contour Obvious
- Shaping of Jaw Tip
- Shaping Asymmetric Lips
- Lines in the Neck-Décolleté Area
- Lip Thickening Operations
- Treatment of Deep Scars and Acne Scars
- Removal of Tiny Lines (Perioral Lines) on the Lips
- Removal of Lines (Marionette Lines) that Run Down from the Edges of the Lips
- Smoothing Smile Lines, Puppet Lines (Marionette Lines), Thin or Thickened Lines around/on the Mouth and the Nose
- Jaw Plumping
- Smoothing or Complete Removal of Vertical Lip Lines
- Obtaining Symmetry in the Thinner Parts of the Face
How Is Dermal Filler Applied?
Dermal Filler Application is performed using pharmacological agents such as Poly-L Lactic Acid, Calcium Hydroxyapatite Microspheres or Hyaluronic Acid. Sometimes fat taken from one’s own body is also used. It is applied under the skin through cannulas and special needles. Sometimes it can be performed by applying local anaesthesia. Anaesthesia is usually preferred for operations to be carried out in the lip area. The substance taken into the syringe is injected under the skin.
The entire process is usually completed in 15-30 minutes. Cosmetic results are seen immediately. Bruising and swelling may occur in this area for several days after application of the procedure. Applying ice helps this problem disappear in a shorter time. If a fat injection is preferred, it may take 2 weeks for these Bruises and Swellings to disappear. Dermal Fillers provide significant improvement in facial lines. Since it is performed without surgery, it is extremely popular and occupies an important place in the field of facial rejuvenation. In addition to Dermal Filler applications, procedures such as Skin Tightening, Skin Resurfacing, Chemical Peeling may also be needed.
The body removes said Filler substances from itself over time. So, after a certain time, the Filler substance loses its effect. The effects of facial fillers are observed quicker. However, the effects of the application vary from one person to another. The Duration of Persistence varies between 6 to12 months.
Who Cannot Have Dermal Fillers Applied On Their Bodies?
- Pregnant Women
- Breastfeeding Women
- Those with Active Infections in the Application Area
- People with any of the Autoimmune Diseases
- People with Immunodeficiency Diseases
- People with Allergies against Drugs
What Should People, Who Are Applied Dermal Fillers, Pay Attention To?
Dermal Filler Application is temporary and repeatable. It is safe and the recovery time is extremely short. Attention to the shown to the following issues after application contributes to more permanent dermal filler applications:
- Makeup should not be worn for 12 hours after the application. Otherwise, the skin may become infected and the pores that allow the skin to breathe might be closed.
- Moreover, do not shower for 12 hours following the application.
- Steam Baths, Sauna and Sports should be postponed for 1 Week. Blood pressure increases during these activities. Such activities should be avoided for a few weeks.
- It should also be avoided to do things that require tilting the head forward during 4 hours following the application of Dermal Fillers. It will be healthier not to lie face down during this period.